Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm Back

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the web....Yep. it's me and I'm back to writing on my blog again. About what I don't really know but I'll figure something will come to me. So, what's your favorite part of summer? Me, I love the long days of sunshine, watermelon (I feel like a kid again when the juice starts running down my chin and drips all over my shirt) and spending the night on the boardwalk. Nothing beats the smell of greasy food in the air, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and the screams of people being thrown around on the various rides, Kohr's ice cream and Three Brothers pizza. Ah, summer in New Jersey. Ninety degree days and the humidity to match. Nothing says summer like sweaty clothes sticky to your body and sunscreen stinging your eyes. Ah, your jealous I know. I see it in your eyes. If you've never been to Jersey than you are really missing one great place. Me, I live in upper Southern Jersey. Just 15 minutes from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City and an hour and a half from the beach. Everything is a stones throw away. I've lived here all my life and can't image living anywhere else. Don't get me wrong though I would love to travel. If it was up to me I'd be traveling the world to see new things and meet new people. Some day (after I win the lottery-positive thinking here) I will be using New Jersey as a pit stop. A place to do my laundry, say hello to my family, then off again to my next destination. But for now my destination is bed. It's after 12 (midnight) and I'm getting up early and heading North (Jersey that is). Have fun and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment